Pre-Black Friday Snugly Sweater Steals
By Gretta Monahan
To me, November means two things: a whole lot of turkey and a whole lot of Black Friday/Cyber Monday steals. But with retailers smartening up and spreading big discounts throughout this month and next, there’s little reason to wait — especially for a great deal on some of the snuggliest sweaters of the season.
Luckily, there are plenty of stores and sites offering killer sales right now and through the end of the month, so we can all be as cozy as can be. Here are some of the excellent deals out there:
- At Loft (loft.com), the “Layer Up” sale this week gets you 40 percent off all kinds of relaxed-but-polished numbers. Don’t miss the V-neck swing sweater that’s soft as a cloud and comes in hues such as fig (a pretty burgundy) and a soft periwinkle blue, or the cowl-neck tunic sweater that comes in loden heather and charcoal. The relaxed turtleneck looks terrific with jeans, and is perfect for every holiday soiree you can imagine in a bright Tango Red.
- Macy’s sale (macys.com) gets you 15-20 percent off on great pieces such as Free People’s Swim Too Deep Oversized Sweater, a slouchy and oversized turtleneck, chunky-knit design. Ditto Anna Sui Loves INC ruffled-sleeve sweater in neutrals such as camel and a deep, dark black that you can throw over anything in a hurry on any blustery morning.
- Banana Republic (bananarepublic.com) is offering an extra 50 percent off at checkout from all sale clothes — which includes winners such as its wool blend open poncho, which is a great foil for leggings and pencil skirts alike, and the machine-washable merino V-neck boyfriend sweater, in brights such as fuchsia and neon violet.
- Garnet Hill (garnethill.com) is having a “friends and family” sale with 25 percent off everything through Monday — which means you can grab super cute cashmere numbers like the oversized turtleneck sweater in dove (an ethereal lilac) with pockets and an almost cape-like cut or the cowl-neck sweater in truffle heather and dusty rose — and feel the thrill of the deal.
- Nordstrom is on board, too. The swanky high-end retail giant (nordstrom.com) is throwing down with a pretty phenomenal 40 percent fall sale that goes through Sunday. For us sweater lovers, that means you can get your hands on a soft-as-possible, cotton-blend Free People “Low Tide” cardigan (that goes over basically everything like a dream, thanks to its impressive length and shawl collar) for a song. It’s the perfect example of the allure of sweater weather — just throw it on, look great while you feel pampered and don’t worry about anything else.